Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My weekend ... pictures at the end if you make it there!

Okay, Friday night was pretty uneventful, we headed over to Brian and Courtne's to play Jokers and lasted until about 9:00 pm before we decided we needed to head home. (Mark had to be at work at 5:30 am Saturday morning).

Saturday started out kind of lazy, just bumming around until 9:00 am when I take the kids down to my mother in laws. She watches them every Saturday morning from 9-1 to give me a break, and visit with the kids. They do ALL kinds of things at Granny's. They get to eat junk food, drink pop, burn things, throw things, cut things (all of this is done SUPERVISED) LOL

While they were gone, I started getting ready for a yard sale. I want my life more simple, and the only way it is going to get that way is if I (THAT MEANS ME ONLY) do something about it! I have three boxes of stuff so far . . .I had 7 cake pans . . .SEVEN! Who needs seven cake pans? I saved one and am getting rid of the rest. Coffee mugs that never get used, tupperware that never gets used, but that I have kept 'just in case'. It is ridiculous. I am almost ashamed. I was able to clean out an entire cabinet to store my candle stuff in!! I was very proud!

Mark calls and decides to come home early and wants to go eat lunch. I was glad to spend time with him, but it was 'throwing off my groove'. LOL I also got a call from my upline director in Partylite, and she had a show that she wanted to dovetail to me because her son ended up being in the basketball finals that night. No problem, I had a show scheduled at 3 pm in Springdale, and hers wasn't until 6 pm in Lincoln (40 min away). PLUS, the kids had a birthday party in Rogers at Chucky Cheese at 5 pm!! My friends stepped up and took the kids for me, they are so awesome!! The kids were really excited about it and didn't want to miss it (and Mark wasn't about to take them! LOL) I was running late to the 3 pm party, and she didn't have a table for me to set up on (I really need to start asking that in advance), so we used the floor and the kitchen table and it worked out pretty good. They helped me get packed up quick and off I went to my 6 pm show. I stopped and grabbed a chicken sandwich and got some gas and made it in time to be a little bit relaxed at my next show. It was a great group of people, they were cracking me up!! Plus, one of the girls wanted to book a show and wanted to know if she could 'request' me. (since originally someone else was supposed to do the show, she wanted to make sure that I would be the one doing hers). It made me feel good. And even though I don't care what people think about me, I do want people to like me, but who doesn't?

I didn't get the kids back until 9:30 pm and we had ice cream at the local gas station (don't laugh, it is good ice cream!)

I was hoping that Sunday was going to bring time to relax, however, someone had other plans. We got a phone call about 9 am from a neighbor that noticed one of our cows was down and the newborn calf was running around. We all got dressed super quick and went to check on her. The momma was dead, she prolapsed. When we saw the calf, we completely understood how it happened, he was HUGE!! Mark and I picked him up and put him in the back of the truck and took him to the barn where we unloaded him and then rushed to Tractor Service Supply to buy colostrum and milk replacement so we could feed the little one. We got back, and it took me an hour to get the bugger (affectionately named Skid Row) to eat 4 pints of colostrum. Mark finally headed to the house with the kids and let me finish up by myself (he just doesn't have the patience for it). I got to the house, fixed lunch and we put in Lonesome Dove to watch. For 2 hours I was relaxed, then we had to check on all the cows/calves again, everyone was doing fine. Mark's cousin's called and we ended up heading to Fayetteville with them to eat at the Golden Corral. . . that place is so busy all the time, and the food isn't all that great, but I was happy to not have to cook. Got back home around 6 pm and went to feed the calf again. Madison came with me, she just loves animals and she did a really good job too! I got him to drink only 2 pints, but by that time, we were all exhausted!

This morning at 7am, I headed down to the barn again with Madison in tow (the boys wanted to watch tv instead which was FINE with me!) I got him to drink 3 1/2 pints before I got tired of wrestling with him . . .He is super sweet though and still a little unstable on his feet, but I think he is going to be just fine!

Here are the pictures I took from the first feeding . .



Mark trying to teach him how to suck . . .



He was finally getting the idea, but it was still a struggle, and the kids jumping all over the hay bales was very distracting!



His first few steps in the barn . . .He is VERY big for just being a few hours old!



So, meet Skid Row!
(Mark wanted to name him Lucky, but I told him we couldn't call him that and still sell him to the feed lots when he hits 500 lbs.! LOL)

No comments: