Monday, September 26, 2011

Thoughts

Just a few random thoughts that I want to expound on at some point:

Sitting at my longest best friends work as she does 'her thing'...people watching and wondering about their stories and experiences.

Dealing with raw emotions, past loves, new friends, and letting go.

Balancing what is expected of me vs., what I am willing to give.

Handling my Vikings 0-4 losing streak...LOL (Okay, this isn't that deep really, it just makes me sad).

Expounding on my faith, what it really means to me, and how to allow my children to feel as if they have a choice.

Listening to others talk, really listening and not trying to find a place to be heard.

Excited about loving the people that are in my life and giving of myself to those that deserve that part of me, but at the same time distancing myself from those that don't 'sharpen' me, or make me feel like they are adding to my life in some manner.

Reading a couple books: "Losing Friends" by Digby Anderson, "Safe People" by Cloud/Townsend, and "Dummies guide to Scotland" (it is going to happen someday, and I want to be ready!)

Wanting to be the kind of person that isn't known for extremes, yet still being intentionally extreme in areas of my life.

Balancing work, kids, friendships, me time, family, hobbies and trying to work dating into the mix...

I have had a good trip in Detroit. More to come I am sure. Just didn't want to forget some of these things bouncing around in my head.

Have a great week!


No comments: