Friday, May 15, 2009

Truthful Thursday . .

. . has come and gone, so I am not able to share what I planned this week! ;-)

So, that brings us to Faithful Friday!
The verses that have been coming to mind and giving me peace this week are:


II Corinthians 10:5B . . ."Take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ"

and

Romans 12:2 "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind . . ."

This world (as well as other people) make it so difficult to keep your focus on what is " . . .his good, pleasing and perfect will." My life choices are mine, and I live with those (as do my children when those choices affect them). The only thing you can truly do for someone else is to pray for them and trust that God will take care of the rest!

HOWEVER . . .I must admit that a few of my pet peeves are:
  • Those people that casually say "Oh, I will pray for you." and don't follow through (I am guilty of this on more than one occasion unfortunately, but have resolved NOT to allow this to happen anymore, Lord willing.)
  • Those people that say "I am praying for you" but include the tone and voice inflection that REALLY says "This is NOT the right thing in my opinion for you to do, so I am going to manipulate you by saying this and making you feel like there is NO possible way for you to call yourself a Christian and follow through with this choice!"

The most effective way to allow someone to make good choices is to actually pray for them (and not necessarily tell them that is what you are doing) and say "I support you even if I don't always agree with you, and I am here if you need anything" To emulate God's unconditional love is one of the most difficult things to do, but so necessary to allowing others to see what our God is capable of!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

No comments: